Sep 26, 2017

My People.

We all grow up with hopes to be whatever we want. I went to college knowing I was going to be a graphic designer, because somewhere along the way I had a teacher tell me, “do what you love and find a way to get paid for it.” I minored in photography because I loved developing film and watching my point of view come to life through images on paper. Then shortly after graduating everything became digital. I moved to Florida to be an art director of a magazine and started doing freelance.
Next thing you know my high school sweet heart came to my rescue and brought me back to Kansas where I have been lucky enough to be a stay at home mom to my three young children until they all went to school full time. Then the game changed. Cost of living is hard on two steady incomes but one… well, that is almost impossible anymore. I started my photography business when my second child was only one and have learned so much over the past nine years.

I get it. Photography is a luxury and everyone has a camera on their phone or can go buy a dslr camera and call themselves a photographer all day long… but the truth is you get what you pay for. My goal is to give you an experience from start to finish that you rave about to your friends and makes you want to come back year after year. Capturing amazing images of your family as they are right now and turning those images into works of art. Heirloom products you keep for your grandkids to enjoy.

People invest in what they want. Some people do not understand the value of a creative business. Those people aren’t my people. It took me a while to realize who my people are. I thank each and every one of you who have stood behind me along the way and have encouraged me to make the life I have always wanted.


Call me if you want some info on how to book a photo session. I love talking about what I do. 913.731.0148 ~ Kadee Willard

No comments: